Thursday, May 14, 2009

OF STOLEN KISSES...

My legs are aching out of wearing high-heeled footwear for so long. Not that I particularly like high-heels, but I had to match him. The heels reduced our height difference from 7 inches to 5. Not much, I know, but still better.

We reach the apartment and park the bike in the parking.

My heart sinks, for I know his mother and sister and brother will be upstairs, and we will have to go back to being ‘polite’ in front of each other... not carefree and bindaas anymore... and not even slightly romantic. Not that we are going around... but I guess we are at least heading towards it.

The thought of climbing up the stairs makes my legs ache even more, although his flat is only on the first floor. I sigh.

‘Is your tongue still weird?’ he asks.

We have just had coffee in Barista; and mine was sinfully strong and bitter and without sugar – the exact way I like it – but with two scoops of Vanilla ice-cream. My tongue had become a bit numb in the café with all that ice-cream, and we had had ourselves a big laugh with me trying my best to say my name properly.

‘No! Its fine now. It doesn’t stay that way for too long.’

‘Really?’ he asks.

‘Yeah,’ I say.

‘How about we find out?’ he says.

And the next moment he has pulled me into his arms and is kissing me like there is never going to be a tomorrow.

I am zapped.

I lose balance.

He catches me and holds me up against the wall. He is still kissing me, his hands pinning me to himself.

I am breathless.

Suddenly, he lets go of me, looks into my eyes, and smiles... only for a second... his smile one of triumph, challenge, and extremely coy... all at the same time…

And then he starts walking up the stairs again... as if nothing happened.

And I am left begging for more...

5 comments:

Prithwish said...

ZOMG! Nice, lovely and super cute! :P

Looks like you really followed the K.I.S.S. rule well ;) LAWLZ

p.s. KISS = Keep It Short And Sweet :P

Power of Words said...

It's lovely!!!

Siddharth said...

seems like the words coming out of experience , is it !! :P ...

Khoomon admit it :D !!

kidding !

Unknown said...

its complete trash, i expect a lot from u

Unknown said...

btw there is a movie called "Baisers volés" (Stolen Kisses) by François Truffaut. Have u watched it? If not, please try to watch it. Its a lovely movie.

Like It? Share It!