Monday, October 18, 2010

BE THIS WAY

You’ll probably never know how much I loved you
But it had rather be this way

You will never know why I gave up on coffee,
or why I cut my hair
You will never know why I now like Metallica,
and where’re all the soft toys gone, that were once there

You’ll probably never know why I learnt to bake a Black-forest cake only cos you liked it
And you’re never going to know why I stopped talking to that boy from my school you had a fight with

You will keep guessing why I took dance lessons,
and why I kept saying – “I’m all old school
and chivalry will always have its charm,
even though you think going Dutch is cool.”

You’ll keep wondering why I gave up on old Hindi movies,
or why I started watching those English action flicks
You’ll never know where all my ear-rings have gone,
and why it now lies unused – my favourite kohl stick

I guess you never knew it was you I meant when I said
“My guy must be tall
and dark and funny and strong and loving and a gentleman”
And you’d mocked – “That’s all?!”
And you’ll probably never know how much I loved you,
and how much I miss your calls

But it had rather be this way any day

A broken heart is easier to handle,
than to handle “I wish I hadn’t met you anyway”

A broken heart is much more easy to handle
than to have you in my life at a price I can hardly pay
and only for you to sometime, someday, without the slightest of notice, just walk away…

2 comments:

Aparna (Life Takes) said...

this is so touchy mrunal..

the girl became a tomboy for him..

it is better to love and lose than to never love at all

Mrunal said...

thank you aparna...

although i would like to point out - more than she becoming a tom boy, the poem is about all that you do for your love, all that is so uncharacteristic of you, but you still do it, only for the person you love...

Like It? Share It!